- Speak to Dr. Bellrog.
- Defeat Kudgel, his assistant. Other players cannot attack him, so they are unable to help you defeat him. They are, however, able to heal you.
- Talk to Bellrog after defeating his assistant, Kudgel. He begs you to spare his life.
- Exit the mine through the gate.
- You emerge in a landlocked cove, where El Patron's Ship stands. You may wish to have your mates teleport in to help you.
- Board the ship via the gangplank.
- El Patron will appear as a huge Ghost form of himself.
- Fight El Patron.
- Three crew ghosts will appear. Kill them quickly. A good idea would be to use a powerful broadsword to deal damage to both El Patron and his crew ghosts.
- Continue fighting El Patron.
Try to not have all your crew attack El Patron in close combat with swords. He uses a broadsword and can cause damage to all the pirates surrounding him; risking knocking them all out.
- It is also recommended, that you bring a large crew to help you, as El Patron is very powerful, and has powerful minions as well!
- After defeating El Patron and his crew you should be able to open the Skull chest where you can choose 1 of three Famed Cursed Blades.
- The Bitter End is a Sabre. Special Ability: Cursed Ice
- The Spinecrest Sword is a Broadsword. Special Ability: Cursed Fire
- The Nautilus Blade is a Cutlass. Special Ability: Cursed Thunder
- (You can obtain the remaining two weapons, along with other cursed blades, from loot)
- Cursed blades may eventually mark their users. The pirate can now use the check hand emote (/check hand or /hand). This mark is known as the "Evil Curse of Doom," not to be confused with the Black Spot. Using your Cursed Blade may accelerate the development of this curse; although it is not yet entirely clear what the Evil Curse of Doom does.