Sitting high above the island of Port Royal, this imposing structure of stone, Fort Charles, looks down onto the harbor and the town below, sadly, this is the new fort charles.
Her wall-mounted cannons are meant to protect vessels coming into or out of the harbor. They were unable to protect the citizens from the wrath of Hector Barbossa and the crew of the Black Pearl as they laid siege to the port, in search of the last coin from the cursed Aztec treasure of Cortez.
The fort is also where major island events are held, such as the promotion of James Norrington to the rank of Commodore. Recently, the fort underwent a change, making it even larger - sprawling up the hill to the summit. The outer court areas have a few Cadets and Guards protecting the entries, but once inside - a large number of more dangerous enemies can be found.
Currently, dozens of soldiers are stationed here. The most experienced men are stationed along the walls.
Black Guard members can be found here, too. They are stationed at the overlook where the alarm bell is mounted.This is where pirates can prove themselves worthy as well.
A couple of elite navy can be found here, along with some of the EITC's most dangerous.
Since the new update, a player can play Cannon Defense by talking to Basil Calledougal (link to Cannon Defense and Basil Calledougal under the category named Characters below).
- Gordon Greer - The former Black Pearl crewman is being imprisoned here.
- Bingham - A Royal Navy sergeant in charge of watching over Greer.
- Grace - A gypsy who has set up her camp just outside the fort, she offers a full variety of health tonics, voodoo dolls and voodoo staffs.
- Basil Calledougal - Cannonmaster in charge of the Cannon Defense station, located along the path to the fort.
- Fort Charles used to be accessable by running up a long, steep hill, instead of just going through the doors.
- Fort Charles was changed in 2008.
- Fort Charles also appears in the movies.