In Pirates of the Caribbean Online, The Developers added In-Game tips to help the player. The hints appear on the loading screens that appear when a player would teleport to a Island, enter a building, etc...
The following is a list of all the known hints that was, or currently is, in the game:
- A Cutlass Combo deals much more damage than just button-mashing!
- A Privateer ship receives a health boost for sinking enemy ships; a good pirate steals everything, including spare parts.
- A ship cannot be reduced to zero Sail Points without destroying all the Masts!
- An enemy with a Skull Icon over its head is a boss!
- An Interceptor is best for the outskirts of a battle, and should stay away from War Frigates.
- As you Level-up your Cutlass, unlock new Combo Skills for a longer Combo Chain!
- As you Level-up your Pistol, unlock Take-Aim to pick-off enemies from long range!
- Attacking an enemy in the back with a Dagger Combo will deal extra damage!
- Avoid fighting until you are fully healed.
- Be careful not to take too much damage on the same section of your hull!
- Be careful when doing repairs, leaving the wheel allows enemy ships to sneak up on you!
- Blacksmiths sell stronger Cutlasses and Daggers!
- Break all the Masts on an enemy ship to stop it from moving!
- Cannonballs that hit the Rear of a Ship gain a damage bonus!
- Choose team ships carefully. Some are faster, some are stronger, and each has a vital role in battle.
- Click on other players to Crew up! Make sure you put away your weapon first!
- Clicking the Middle Mouse Button also draws your current Weapon!
- Complete the Teleport Quests as soon as possible. It will make other quests easier to complete.
- Complete your Weapon Quest to unlock the Voodoo Doll weapon!
- Completing Story Quests rewards the most Notoriety!
- Concentrate your cannon fire on the same section of a ship's Hull until it breaks!
- Crabs have been known to infest Driftwood island.
- Crew Members on a Ship should grab a cannon and fire!
- Defeat skeletons to find rare Treasure Collection valuables.
- Different cannonballs are effective against different parts of a ship!
- Don't attack enemies who are much higher level than you!
- Don't feed the Alligators!
- Don't pet the Scorpions!
- Don't sail alone! Other crewmates can fire cannons while you are steering!
- Don't throw Grenades at your own feet!
- Don't wear more than one eye-patch when playing this game!
- Enemies who are lower level than you award less Reputation and Gold!
- Enemies with Green Level tags will be easy to defeat! They give reduced Reputation!
- Enemies with Grey Level tags are push-overs! They give very little Reputation rewards!
- Enemies with Red Level tags are very dangerous enemies!
- Enemies with Yellow Level tags are a good match for you!
- Expensive ships cost more to repair!
- Find a Crew to help man your ship before going sailing!
- Flagship boarding rights are given to the crew who dealt the most damage to it!
- Flagships give more cargo than regular ships!
- Gaining a Cutlass Level gives you more Health!
- Gaining a Dagger Level gives you some Health and Voodoo Power!
- Gaining a Grenade Level gives you more Health!
- Gaining a Pistol Level gives you some Health and Voodoo Power!
- Gaining a Voodoo Doll Level gives you more Voodoo Power!
- Gaining a Voodoo Staff Level gives you more Voodoo Power!
- Get a crew together before boarding a Flagship!
- Get a crew together! Unmanned cannons stack the odds against you.
- Going to jail makes you groggy. While groggy, your Health and Voodoo Power will be temporarily reduced.
- Grenades can be used to defeat large groups of enemies!
- Gunsmiths sell stronger Pistols!
- Gypsies sell stronger Voodoo Dolls and Voodoo Staves!
- High level enemies can be found on Isla Tormenta.
- High level enemies can be found on Kingshead.
- High level enemies can be found on Padres Del Fuego.
- Higher level ships carry better Cargo.
- If a friend is in need, teleport to them using the Friends Page (F)!
- If a player exits the game and his ship has a Crew, the ship stays in use until the voyage ends!
- If one side of a ship's hull is broken, the ship will take extra damage on that side!
- If one side of your ship's hull is broken, avoid taking more fire on that side!
- If the game is running slowly, you can lower your graphics settings by pressing F7!
- If you are alone, don't fight too many enemies at once!
- If you are not in battle, your Health will regenerate slowly.
- If you get lost, teleport back to your Port of Call using the Map Page (M)!
- If you have been playing for more than 2 hours straight, you should take a break!
- If you shoot the same part of a ship, the panel will break, catch fire, and give a damage bonus!
- If you type a '.' in the chat window before typing, the message will appear as a thought bubble and will stay longer.
- If you want to check your score, press the ~ button.
- If your ship sinks at sea, all your cargo is lost!
- If your team can't launch more ships, teleport to a friend's ship to balance the odds.
- If you're not sure where to go for a Quest, search the skies for the Ray of Light.
- Level-up your Cannon Skill to unlock new Cannon Ammo types!
- Level-up your Sailing Skill to unlock new Ship Maneuvers and Battle Orders!
- Look for a Ray of Light if you get lost.
- Looking for a crew for your ship? Set the Boarding Access for your ship to Public!
- Looking for a Privateer crew? Find one using the Lookout button or through the Crew section on your Hearties panel!
- Looking to join a ship's crew? Use a Dinghy and search for Public Ships!
- Looking to recruit pirates for your Privateer crew? Look for crewmates using the Lookout button or through the Crew section on your Hearties panel!
- Make every cannonball count! Targeting broken panels or an enemy ship's rear earns a bonus.
- Maneuver your ship so that your broadside cannons line up with the enemy before firing!
- Members of a Crew gain a Reputation Bonus for every enemy defeated. Larger crews provide larger bonuses!
- Play Poker to quickly earn Gold. But don't lose!
- Players cannot hurt each other except in PvP Matches!
- Plunder ships for Cargo in order to quickly get Gold!
- Press F1 to draw your Cutlass!
- Press F2 to draw your Pistol!
- Press R to enable Auto-run!
- Press the Space Bar to jump.
- Privateer teams are automatically balanced. If the team you are trying to join is full, join the other!
- Purchase the weaker healing Tonics until you are Level 10 or higher.
- Repair a sunken ship at the Shipwright!
- Repair your vessel! Each repair spot on a ship can be manned by a different crew member to speed up repairs.
- Retraining a weapon refunds all your spent skill points.
- Rule #1 of the pirate code: Befriend others wisely!
- Sail near an Island and click on the Anchor Button to dock!
- Sailing in a straight line allows your ship to move faster!
- Shield the smaller, weaker ships on the team if your ship can withstand a pounding.
- Ships cost more to repair after they are sunk!
- Ships with a Flag Icon above them are Flagships. They need to be crippled and then boarded!
- Shooting a ship's sails will not sink it, but can slow it down!
- Sink ships with Broadsides to gain Sailing Reputation!
- Sink ships with Cannons to become a better Cannoneer!
- Spend skill upgrades wisely. It will cost gold to change your choices later!
- Spending a Skill Point on an attack skill increases any Buff duration by 25%!
- Spending a Skill Point on an attack skill increases its damage 25%!
- Stay away from Fort Charles unless you are looking for trouble with the Navy!
- Stay clear of the enemy's island! Ships launching from there are temporarily invincible.
- Stockpile cannonballs before sailing because it's a long way back to restock!
- Suits don't matter in Blackjack. All that matters is the total number value of the cards.
- Switch Weapons using the F1 to F6 Keys!
- Team up with other players against tough enemies!
- The Captain of a ship receives a larger share of loot if he has a Crew onboard!
- The Cutlass Sweep skill will hit all surrounding enemies!
- The Dagger's Asp skill can be used to break an enemy's Voodoo Doll Attunement!
- The health bonus that a Privateer ship receives for sinking an enemy ship depends on the amount of damage it did.
- The pirate steering the ship gains more Sailing Reputation if the ship has a Crew!
- The Ravens's Cove Story Quest Unlocks at Level 30.
- The Voodoo Doll will lose Attunement if you get too far away from your target!
- They are tough, so don't fight them alone!
- They give standard Reputation rewards!
- They still give standard Reputation rewards, though.
- To fire a Ship's Broadsides, grab the Steering Wheel!
- To navigate the map on the Map Page (M), click and drag it with the Left Mouse Button.
- To sink a ship, aim for the Hull!
- To steer a Ship, grab the Steering Wheel!
- Unlimited Access only! Command dark powers using the Voodoo Staff!
- Unlimited Access only! Fight enemies up close or from afar with the Dagger!
- Unlimited Access only! Voodoo Dolls cast powerful Hexes to hurt enemies and heal allies!
- Unlimited Access only! With Unlimited Access, you can create up to 4 Pirate Characters!
- Upgrade the Attune Doll skill to be able to Attune the Voodoo Doll to multiple targets!
- Use the Boarding Access button on your Ship's Health Display to control who can board your ship!
- Use the Journal (J) to find your next quest objective.
- Use the Left Mouse Button or the CTRL Button to attack.
- Use the Map Page (M) to change Servers!
- Use the Right Mouse Button to move the Camera.
- Visit a Trainer at the local blacksmith to retrain your weapons.
- Voodoo Doll healers gain healing Reputation when their ally defeats their foe!
- Watch your Cutlass attack timing to form Combos!
- When sailing, use the Middle Mouse Wheel to move the Camera in and out!
- When you are low on health, Hit T to use a Tonic!
- While sailing, hold down the Right Mouse Button to move the Camera.
- While using Auto-run (R), you can run and chat at the same time!
- With Basic Member Access, a Skill cannot be upgraded past Rank 2!
- With Basic Member Access, you cannot play in Fullscreen mode!
- With Basic Member Access, you earn 30% less Reputation when defeating enemies!
- With Unlimited Access, you can play Tortuga Hold'em!
- With Unlimited Access, you can purchase all 9 Ship types!
- With Unlimited Access, you can purchase stronger weapons like the Double-Barreled Pistol!
- With Unlimited Access, you can start your own Guild!
- With Unlimited Access, you can unlock new ammo types, such as flaming cannonballs!
- With Unlimited Access, you can use all 6 Weapons!
- You can aim your attacks by holding down the Right Mouse Button!
- You can also use the Mouse Wheel to Switch Weapons!
- You can board a Crew Member's ship from the Dinghy!
- You can buy health Tonics from the Gypsy!
- You can buy new weapons and ammunition from Stores!
- You can open an expanded map of the area you're in by pressing F8 or the map button on your compass.
- You can play Poker or Blackjack at any Tavern. To find one, look for the sign with a Mug on it!
- You can purchase Cannon and Pistol Ammo from the Gunsmith!
- You can purchase Grenade Ammunition from the Gunsmith!
- You can purchase Throwing Knives from the Blacksmith!
- You can Unattune a target with the Voodoo Doll by clicking on the Unattune Menu on the right!
- You can use the Number Keys to activate your Combat Skills or Switch Ammo!
- You can use the WASD Keys to move.
- You're vulnerable to attack while you dig for buried treasure, so stay alert.