|Pirates Online is now closed.|
This page will serve as an archive for the content that was in the game.
DefinitionLoot or plunder consists of objects (weapons, clothes, ammunition, gold, tonics, etc.) that might be dropped by a pirate's enemy or enemy ship. These items are then available to be picked up after the battle.
After defeating an enemy a Loot Pouch, Loot Chest, or Loot Skull Chest may be dropped. There are loot drops you get from Cannon Defense, Fishing, Sailing and in the El Patron Boss Battle. They will contain a number of items that can be added to the player's inventory. Loot Chests will usually contain higher quality items compared to pouches, while Skull Chests contain the best and rarest items.
The pirate can select which of the looted items to take or leave - or simply "Take It All!". If your pirate's inventory is full of a particular type of item, the new item will remain in the loot pouch, chest or skull chest. The pirate will then either have to make room for the item by deleting something else, or leave it behind.
Loot containers sport a Loot Rating to indicate an overall quality of the items found.
- A pirate will NOT get loot for simply trying to muscle in on treasure with a couple last minute hits. (As many pirates used to attempt)
- Disney released an update that allows healers to also get loot when the person they are healing defeats an enemy.
Types of Loot
- Gold - Nothing beats the currency of the realm, but you can only hold 200,000 gold pieces.
- Treasure Collection Items - These give gold depending on how rare the item is.
- Weapons - Nearly all types of weapons can be found, including newly discovered ones from El Patron's Cursed Blades cache (after Raven's Cove Story Quest) and other sources (Cutlass, Sabre, Broadsword, Dagger, Throwing Knives, Pistol, Musket, Blunderbuss, Bayonet, Voodoo Doll, Voodoo Staff)
- Ammunition for guns, cannons, and grenades.
- Daggers like Asp, Sidewinder, Viper's Nest etc.
- Sailing items - Charms and equipment that give a Sailing Boost or Cannon Boost
- Clothing - Often an enemy will leave behind an article of clothing that the pirate can add to their wardrobe or sell at a nearby tailor shop. Unique bright or dark clothing is only found through loot.
- Tonics - Remedies and other potions.
- Cheat Cards - You can collect more than one copy of the same card. These cards are used for the 'Swap' feature while playing Blackjack or Poker.
- Ship Upgrading Materials - If you sink Bounty Hunters or Warships, there is a very high chance you will plunder Ship Materials from them, which can be used to upgrade your Hull or Rigging at any Shipwright.
- If your inventory is full when you try to take a weapon, it will say: "Some items could not fit into your inventory."
- "Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing for sure what enemies carry the various types of loot available throughout the Caribbean. Both Jolly Roger and the EITC took control of a large host of the weapons and distributed them throughout their forces on every island of the Caribbean. The only way to discover what is out there is to engage as many enemies in battle as you can. The most valuable and dangerous weapon could come from the most surprising of places. Keep exploring and you will find some new weapons in no time!"--Jordan from Pirates of the Caribbean Online Member Services
- A Loot Chest can give a Famed or even a Legendary weapon on rare occasions, but a Loot Skull Chest gives the highest chance to find one.
- On the rarest occasions, a Loot Pouch may give a Famed, or even Legendary weapon if you're very lucky!
- When you get loot if you drag your mouse over the "Take It All" button a message will appear saying "...And Give Nothing Back!", which is a reference to a famous quote of Joshamee Gibbs and Jack Sparrow.