The events of Pirates of the Caribbean online which include the Royal Navy stealing the Black Pearl, several pirates helping to bring it back, Jolly Roger searching for Jack Sparrow and his several invasions and raids on the many islands and settlements of the Caribbean seem to have occurred somewhere between the first movie and second movie. Here are the reasons why this statement is verified:
- The pirate captain Jack Sparrow is alive and well, hiring pirates to do his deed of saving the Black Pearl and running away from the hands of Jolly Roger. Jack has also not yet gone to search for the picture of the key of the Dead Man's Chest.
- Captain Hector Barbossa has already been resurrected by voodoo mistress Tia Dalma, who sees the results of Jack Sparrow's search for the Dead Man's Chest, as she seeks to rally the pirate lords of the Caribbean
- Will Turner is alive, and has not yet gone in search of Captain Jack Sparrow in deal with Lord Cutler Beckett. He has also not died and replaced as captain of the Flying Dutchman
- Davy Jones has not yet seeked Jack Sparrow's payment of his debt, and his crew is still mutated and exists in the heart of Isla Tormenta.
- Elizabeth Swann is not yet in captivity under Lord Beckett, and has not yet gone to look for William Turner with the help of Jack Sparrow. She is also not yet the Pirate King and stays in her mansion wearing her normal British clothes.
- Governor Weatherby Swann has not surrendered to Lord Cutler Beckett and he has gone on a journey outside the Caribbean, and is yet to come back. He will be dissatisfied to hear the news of an undead Jolly Roger attacking his mansion.
- Lord Cutler Beckett is alive, and has not gained control of the Dead Man's Chest. It can be assumed though that he has not yet landed on Port Royal, while the East India Trading Company is active under his orders to destroy the pirates. Another fact is that islands of Port Royal and Tortuga could not have self-destructed under his watch as this does not happen yet during the movies.
- Tia Dalma has not yet been transformed into Calypso, and has also not gone in search of Jack Sparrow into Davy Jones' Locker.
- Blackbeard is not yet in search of the fountain and Jolly Roger is currently in control of his ship.
- Barbossa has not yet lost his leg at the hands of Blackbeard.
The story occurs between the first two movies. Jack Sparrow is not so involved in this story, as he has many other adventures far away from the hands of Jolly Roger. Meanwhile voodoo priestess, Tia Dalma notices that the only strong Pirate force in the Caribbean The Black Pearl has been captured by the Navy. She rallies together the most deadly of buccaneers to warn them of Jolly Roger's dark force rising in the Caribbean.
With more pirates joining the cause it only intensifies the strength of the undead army and further more with the coming of agents of the French and Spanish governments, Avaricia and Porc. As she sees further into the future she notices that the future actions of Jack Sparrow will trigger a possible extinction of Pirate lords. So she orders Jack to bring about the Fourth Brethren meeting, and at the same time brings Caspian pirate lord Hector Barbossa back to life to attend the conclave and help certain pirates to keep Jolly Roger at bay by supplying firearms to pirates told to stop at Barbossa's temporary home, his Grotto. Barbossa travels to and fro between Pantano River and the Grotto.
After his power rises in the caves and settlements of the Caribbean, Jolly Roger sends his new pirate puppets the Casa de Muertos, who were brought back to life after a skirmish between the East India Company's ships and the pirate leader Captain Walter's ships, to Port Royal where they sent errands to Swashbucklers who stopped by, to retrieve them artifacts. Soon after, the undead's invasions of several islands begin. After many months, Lord Cutler Beckett finally arrives in the reconstructed Port Royal (reconstructed after its mysterious destruction) which happens while the Governor was on a long voyage. Jack Sparrow learns of his debt to Jones. During this time Captain Chevalle is freed from the gallows of Port Royal to attend the conclave.