Yes, that's right! The update we've all been waiting for! The update we've been asking for since the beginning of the game! It's finally here! Ship Customization!!!!!
Release Notes - December 14, 2011
- Ship Customization and Upgrades! Loot and plunder all new rare materials from Bounty Hunter and Warships in order to upgrade Medium Class and War Class ships' armor, speed, and cargo hold.
- Visit any Shipwright to begin your Ship Customization and Upgrade path.
- Upgrades will provide your ship abilities that can be customized to fit your style of play:
- Upgrade your cargo hull to maximize your plunder.
- Battle at sea with the latest armor the shipwrights have to offer.
- Streamline your vessel for speed with the latest sails and rigging.
- Personalize Medium Class and War Class ships with brand new sail colors, patterns, and emblems.
- Face off against enemy fleets in the brand new Pirate ship type, the BRIG - also customizable!
- All Light Hull class ships now made available to Basic Access Pirates - including the Light Frigate and the new Light Brig!
- Island NPCs now chat new town gossip regarding Ship Customization.
- On/Off Toggle now available for the Scoundrel of the Seas First Mate's voice (in the Game Options Menu - Audio).
- On/Off Toggle now available for changing the sailing "Ship Look Ahead" camera view (in the Game Options menu - Interface tab).
- New names submitted by you Pirates have been added to the Create A Pirate name-picker.
- Five new "Talk Like A Pirate Day" phrases submitted by you have been added under Expressions in SpeedChat.
- After looting at sea, Pirates can now take all items that do not take up Inventory space by clicking the "Take Small Items" button.
- Captains can now choose to not board a grappled Flagship, without waiting for the boarding timer to run out.
- Fixed several teleport bugs.
- Fixed a bug with ships that would occasionally get stuck at sea.
- Fixed a bug that incorrectly allowed player limits on a ship to be exceeded.
- Fixed a bug that displayed a Gold Plunder message right after a Pirate enters the Caribbean.
- Pirates may experience a momentary delay while their inventory loads initially.
- Pirates may occasionally fall beneath the ocean when going into the waters off island docks. Walking or jumping back up onto shore will set your Pirate right again on dry land.
- The "Open Fire" boost does not function properly for the front cannons on Frigate and Brig class ships.
- Sea Charms, Cannon Rams, and Navigational Charts may sometimes not give the proper skill boosts when applied to new Ship Customization Rigging.
- If a Pirate has multiple active Quests in the Quest Journal, clicking twice on "Track" causes the Quest details to disappear. Re-clicking on the Quest brings back the Quest details.